English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789806984 | 620 Pages | EPUB | 16 MB
Learn the intricacies of managing Azure AD, Azure AD Connect as well as Active Directory for administration on cloud and Windows Server 2019
Active Directory is an administration system for Windows administrators to automate network, security and access management tasks in the Windows infrastructure.
This book starts off with a detailed focus on forests, domains, trusts, schemas and partitions. Next, you learn how to manage domain controllers, organizational units and the default containers.
Going forward, you deep dive into managing Active Directory sites as well as identifying and solving replication problems. The next set of chapters covers the different components of Active Directory and discusses the management of users, groups and computers. You also go through recipes that help you manage your Active Directory domains, manage user and groups objects and computer accounts, expiring group memberships and group Managed Service Accounts with PowerShell.
You learn how to work with Group Policy and how to get the most out of it. The last set of chapters covers federation, security and monitoring. You will also learn about Azure Active Directory and how to integrate on-premises Active Directory with Azure AD. You learn how Azure AD Connect synchronization works, which will help you manage Azure AD.
By the end of the book, you have learned in detail about Active Directory and Azure AD, too.
What you will learn
- Manage new Active Directory features, such as the Recycle Bin, group Managed Service Accounts, and fine-grained password policies
- Work with Active Directory from the command line and use Windows PowerShell to automate tasks
- Create and remove forests, domains, and trusts
- Create groups, modify group scope and type, and manage memberships
- Delegate control, view and modify permissions
- Optimize Active Directory and Azure AD in terms of security