English | 2019 | ISBN: 0815388784 | 452 Pages | PDF | 20 MB
3D Animation for the Raw Beginner Using Autodesk Maya is a hands-on academic textbook as well as a do-it-yourself training manual for the individual animator. This second edition has been completely rewritten to take into account updates to Autodesk Maya, including Autodesk’s renderer, Arnold. It contains entirely new examples and tutorial lessons. All 612 images are in full color. The book directs the reader to the parts of Maya that must be mastered in order to create complete 3D projects, and thus it simplifies the process of taking on Maya’s vast and intricate interface, while giving the reader a firm foundation on which to build future knowledge of Maya. It also presents brief examples of other popular 3D applications and rendering engines. This principles-based, yet pragmatic book:
- Introduces the basic steps of the 3D modeling, materials, animation, lighting, and rendering processes.
- Presents clear and concise tutorials that link key concepts to practical techniques.
- Includes access to a webpage for the book.
- Frees instructors from the painstaking task of developing step-by-step examples to present Maya’s complex interface and basic capabilities.
- Boasts an easy-to-follow, tutorial-based learning style ideal for individual study by aspiring animators and do-it yourselfers.