English | 2018 | ISBN: 1787288676 | 272 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 79 MB
Building efficient Python applications at minimal cost by adopting serverless architectures
Serverless architectures allow you to build and run applications and services without having to manage the infrastructure. Many companies have adopted this architecture to save cost and improve scalability. This book will help you design serverless architectures for your applications with AWS and Python.
The book is divided into three modules. The first module explains the fundamentals of serverless architecture and how AWS lambda functions work. In the next module, you will learn to build, release, and deploy your application to production. You will also learn to log and test your application. In the third module, we will take you through advanced topics such as building a serverless API for your application. You will also learn to troubleshoot and monitor your app and master AWS lambda programming concepts with API references. Moving on, you will also learn how to scale up serverless applications and handle distributed serverless systems in production.
By the end of the book, you will be equipped with the knowledge required to build scalable and cost-efficient Python applications with a serverless framework.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how AWS Lambda and Microsoft Azure functions work and use them to create an application
- Explore various triggers and how to select them, based on the problem statement
- Build deployment packages for Lambda functions
- Master the finer details about building Lambda functions and versioning
- Log and monitor serverless applications
- Learn about security in AWS and Lambda functions
- Scale up serverless applications to handle huge workloads and serverless distributed systems in production
- Understand SAM model deployment in AWS Lambda