English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789612080 | 528 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 96 MB
Get up to speed with using C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0 features to build real-world .NET Core applications
.NET Core is a general-purpose, modular, cross-platform, and opensource implementation of .NET. The latest release of .NET Core 3 comes with improved performance and security features, along with support for desktop applications. .NET Core 3 is not only useful for new developers looking to start learning the framework, but also for legacy developers interested in migrating their apps. Updated with the latest features and enhancements, this updated second edition is a step-by-step, project-based guide.
The book starts with a brief introduction to the key features of C# 8 and .NET Core 3.
You’ll learn to work with relational data using Entity Framework Core 3, before understanding how to use ASP.NET Core. As you progress, you’ll discover how you can use .NET Core to create cross-platform applications. Later, the book will show you how to upgrade your old WinForms apps to .NET Core 3. The concluding chapters will then help you use SignalR effectively to add real-time functionality to your applications, before demonstrating how to implement MongoDB in your apps. Finally, you’ll delve into serverless computing and how to build microservices using Docker and Kubernetes.
By the end of this book, you’ll be proficient in developing applications using .NET Core 3.
What you will learn
- Understand how to incorporate the Entity Framework Core 3 to build ASP.NET Core MVC applications
- Create a real-time chat application using Azure’s SignalR service
- Gain hands-on experience of working with Cosmos DB
- Develop an Azure Function and interface it with an Azure Logic App
- Explore user authentication with Identity Server and OAuth2
- Understand how to use Azure Cognitive Services to add advanced functionalities with minimal code
- Get to grips with running a .NET Core application with Kubernetes