English | 2019 | ISBN: 1838982362 | 56 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
Learn when and how to use Clojure’s polymorphic features to develop efficient multithreaded applications
Clojure is a modern, dynamic language that you can use to develop robust, multithreaded programs. Clojure Polymorphism is a comprehensive guide that shows you how to use Clojure’s features to your advantage.
The book begins by describing examples that show how to define and implement abstractions with plain functions and multimethods. Then you’ll analyze these examples and separate the good and bad aspects of their design principles. You’ll also learn how to perform data transformation abstraction with a plain function and discover how to write new cross-platform predicates while keeping the core of your abstraction free from reader conditionals. The later chapters explain the considerations to keep in mind when implementing Clojure protocols on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
By the end of this book, you’ll know how to use the various polymorphic tools of Clojure to your advantage while designing your applications.
- Explore how polymorphism is implemented in Clojure
- Discover what design principles to use when creating and implementing abstractions
- Explore different ways to implement protocols in Clojure
- Implement various design principles while working with the JVM
- Write and compare plain functions and multimethods for transforming data
- Analyze functions and abstractions for their performance and flexibility
- Learn about common “gotchas” to avoid errors when writing code