English | 2019 | ISBN: 1838643799 | 774 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 1043 MB
Learn to create professional-grade iOS applications for the App Store using the latest iOS 12 features and other helpful tools
With Apple users spending more money in the App Store, there are plenty of development opportunities for professional iOS developers.
This Learning Path is a direct route to iOS development, which will take you through the basics and help you put principles into practice. For experienced programmers, this book will help you gain insights into the latest iOS 12 features. This book is also useful for beginners who want to gain expertise in iOS development. You’ll start with an introduction to iOS development, Xcode, and Swift. To give your app the edge, you’ll get up to speed with advanced iOS topics, such as gestures and animations. Next, you will understand the latest Swift 4.2 and iOS 12 developments by incorporating new features, such as the latest in notifications, custom-UI notifications, maps, and recent additions in SiriKit. With these tools, you’ll be able to write efficient, readable, and maintainable Swift code that maintains industry best practices.
By the end of the book, you will have the confidence to build iOS 12 applications that harness advanced techniques and make the best use of the latest features.
This Learning Path includes content from the following Packt products:
- iOS 12 Programming for Beginners – Third Edition by Craig Clayton
- Mastering iOS 12 Programming – Third Edition by Donny Wals
What you will learn
- Build a responsive user interface (UI) and add privacy to your custom-rich notifications
- Set up SiriKit to add voice for Siri shortcuts
- Integrate iMessage, Siri, and more in your app through app extensions
- Use TestFlight to collect feedback before releasing your apps on the App Store
- Use Auto Layout to create complex layouts that look visually appealing on any device
- Enhance your app by building your own profiling tools
- Create engaging augmented reality experiences with ARKit 2