English | 2019 | ISBN: 0135166314 | 960 Pages | EPUB | 89 MB
The #1 Guide to Advanced Java Programming, Fully Updated for Java 11
Core Java has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense tutorial and reference for experienced programmers who want to write robust Java code for real-world applications. Now, Core Java, Volume II—Advanced Features, Eleventh Edition, has been updated for Java 11, with up-to-date coverage of advanced UI and enterprise programming, networking, security, and Java’s powerful new module system.
Cay S. Horstmann explores sophisticated new language and library features with the depth and completeness that readers expect from Core Java. He demonstrates how to use these features to build professional-quality applications, using thoroughly tested examples that reflect modern Java style and best practices, including modularization. Horstmann’s examples are carefully crafted for easy understanding and maximum practical value, so you can consistently use them to jump-start your own code.
- Master advanced techniques, idioms, and best practices for writing superior Java code
- Take full advantage of modern Java I/O APIs, object serialization, and regular expressions
- Efficiently connect to network services, implement network clients and servers, and harvest web data
- Query databases and manage database connections with the latest version of JDBC
- Simplify all aspects of date and time programming with the Java Date and Time API
- Write internationalized programs that localize dates, times, numbers, text, and GUIs
- Process code in three powerful ways: the scripting API, compiler API, and annotation processing
- Learn how to migrate legacy code to the Java Platform Module System
- Leverage the modern Java security features most valuable to application programmers
- Program advanced client-side user interfaces, and generate images on the server
- Use JNI to interoperate with native C code