English | 2020 | ISBN: 1789807400 | 423 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 1339 MB
Design end-to-end AR solutions for various industries like marketing, retail, manufacturing, tourism, automation, and training
Augmented Reality is emerging its scope from just being used in mobile and game applications to enterprises. Various industries are using AR for enhancing the visualization of the assembly line, guiding operators in difficult tasks, attracting more customers, and improving training techniques, to name a few.
In this book we will explore in detail the aspects of developing AR-based applications for six different enterprise sectors, starting from the market needs and choosing the most suitable tool in each case. The book helps you learn the basics of Unity and to get you comfortable with Unity Asset, materials, and resources and set the base for the following AR projects. With step by step project execution, the book will enable you to build industrial AR applications by practicing real-world projects for various industries like Marketing, Retail, Automation, Manufacturing, Tourism, and Training. While building projects, you will be introduced to various AR frameworks used in the enterprise environment such as Vuforia, EasyAR, ARCore or ARKit, used by themselves or integrated into the Unity 3D engine for building AR markers, 3D models, and components of an AR app.
By the end of the book you will have learnt how to use different commercial AR frameworks as well as Unity, a great tool on which you can base most of your AR projects.
What you will learn
- Learn the basics of Unity applications development and C# scripting
- Learn how to use Android Studio along with ARCore and Sceneform to build AR prototypes for Android devices
- Bring AR experience to the web with ARCore and Web AR
- Explore emerging AR authoring tools such as Augmented Class! for education
- Understand the differences and similarities between handheld and HMD environments and how to build an app for each target
- Learn how to use XCode with ARKit and Scenekit to develop AR portals for iOS devices