English | 2018 | ISBN: 1786465535 | 275 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 77 MB
Extending OpenStack: Leverage extended OpenStack projects to implement containerization, deployment, and architecting robust cloud solutions
Discover new opportunities to empower your private cloud by making the most of the OpenStack universe
OpenStack is a very popular cloud computing platform that has enabled several organizations during the last few years to successfully implement their Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platforms. This book will guide you through new features of the latest OpenStack releases and how to bring them into production straightaway in an agile way.
It starts by showing you how to expand your current OpenStack setup and how to approach your next OpenStack Data Center generation deployment. You will discover how to extend your storage and network capacity and also take advantage of containerization technology such as Docker and Kubernetes in OpenStack. Additionally, you’ll explore the power of big data as a Service terminology implemented in OpenStack by integrating the Sahara project. This book will teach you how to build Hadoop clusters and launch jobs in a very simple way. Then you’ll automate and deploy applications on top of OpenStack. You will discover how to write your own plugin in the Murano project. The final part of the book will go through best practices for security such as identity, access management, and authentication exposed by Keystone in OpenStack. By the end of this book, you will be ready to extend and customize your private cloud based on your requirements.
What You Will Learn
- Explore new incubated projects in the OpenStack ecosystem and see how they work
- Architect your OpenStack private cloud with extended features of the latest versions
- Consolidate OpenStack authentication in your large infrastructure to avoid complexity
- Find out how to expand your computing power in OpenStack on a large scale
- Reduce your OpenStack storage cost management by taking advantage of external tools
- Provide easy, on-demand, cloud-ready applications to developers using OpenStack in no time
- Enter the big data world and find out how to launch elastic jobs easily in OpenStack
- Boost your extended OpenStack private cloud performance through real-world scenarios