English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788839464 | 556 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 42 MB
ASP.NET Core 2 and Vue.js: Full Stack Web Development with Vue, Vuex, and ASP.NET Core 2.0
Leverage ASP.NET core 2.0 web API and the power of Vue.js at the client side to create modern applications from scratch
This book will walk you through the process of developing an e-commerce application from start to finish, utilizing an ASP.NET Core web API and Vue.js Single-Page Application (SPA) frontend.
We will build the application using a feature slice approach, whereby in each chapter we will add the required frontend and backend changes to complete an entire feature. In the early chapters, we’ll keep things fairly simple to get you started, but by the end of the book, you’ll be utilizing some advanced concepts, such as server-side rendering and continuous integration and deployment.
You will learn how to set up and configure a modern development environment for building ASP.NET Core web APIs and Vue.js SPA frontends. You will also learn about how ASP.NET Core differs from its predecessors, and how we can utilize those changes to our benefit. Finally, you will learn the fundamentals of building modern frontend applications using Vue.js, as well as some of the more advanced concepts, which can help make you more productive in your own applications in the future.
What You Will Learn
- Setup a modern development environment for building both client-side and server-side code
- Use Vue CLI to scaffold front-end applications
- Build and compose a set of Vue.js components
- Setup and configure client-side routing to introduce multiple pages into a SPA
- Integrate popular CSS frameworks with Vue.js to build a product catalogue
- Build a functioning shopping cart that persists its contents across browser sessions
- Build client-side forms with immediate validation feedback using an open-source library dedicated to Vue.js form validation
- Refactor backend application to use the OpenIddict library