English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789130751 | 324 Pages | EPUB | 25 MB
Create a real-world application in Go and explore various frameworks and methodologies for full-stack development
The Go programming language has been rapidly adopted by developers for building web applications. With its impressive performance and ease of development, Go enjoys the support of a wide variety of open source frameworks, for building scalable and high-performant web services and apps. Hands-On Full Stack Development with Go is a comprehensive guide that covers all aspects of full stack development with Go.
This clearly written, example-rich book begins with a practical exposure to Go development and moves on to build a frontend with the popular React framework. From there, you will build RESTful web APIs utilizing the Gin framework. After that, we will dive deeper into important software backend concepts, such as connecting to the database via an ORM, designing routes for your services, securing your services, and even charging credit cards via the popular Stripe API. We will also cover how to test, and benchmark your applications efficiently in a production environment. In the concluding chapters, we will cover isomorphic developments in pure Go by learning about GopherJS. As you progress through the book, you’ll gradually build a musical instrument online store application from scratch.
By the end of the book, you will be confident in taking on full stack web applications in Go.
What you will learn
- Understand Go programming by building a real-world application
- Learn the React framework to develop a frontend for your application
- Understand isomorphic web development utilizing the GopherJS framework
- Explore methods to write RESTful web APIs in Go using the Gin framework
- Learn practical topics such as ORM layers, secure communications, and Stripe’s API
- Learn methods to benchmark and test web APIs in Go