English | 2018 | ISBN: 1789133608 | 160 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Learn and implement various techniques related to testing, monitoring and optimization for microservices architecture.
Microservices are the latest “right” way of developing web applications. Microservices architecture has been gaining momentum over the past few years, but once you’ve started down the microservices path, you need to test and optimize the services. This book focuses on exploring various testing, monitoring, and optimization techniques for microservices.
The book starts with the evolution of software architecture style, from monolithic to virtualized, to microservices architecture. Then you will explore methods to deploy microservices and various implementation patterns. With the help of a real-world example, you will understand how external APIs help product developers to focus on core competencies.
After that, you will learn testing techniques, such as Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, and Load Testing. Next, you will explore performance testing tools, such as JMeter, and Gatling. Then, we deep dive into monitoring techniques and learn performance benchmarking of the various architectural components. For this, you will explore monitoring tools such as Appdynamics, Dynatrace, AWS CloudWatch, and Nagios.
Finally, you will learn to identify, address, and report various performance issues related to microservices.
What you will learn
- Understand the architecture of microservices and how to build services
- Establish how external APIs help to accelerate the development process
- Understand testing techniques, such as unit testing, integration testing, end-to-end testing, and UI/functional testing
- Explore various tools related to the performance testing, monitoring, and optimization of microservices
- Design strategies for performance testing
- Identify performance issues and fine-tune performance