English | 2020 | ISBN: 1789537611 | 355 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 38 MB
Discover how the ASP.NET Core framework helps us to build maintainable and performant web services with its fast, modular, and cloud-ready features.
Nowadays, web services serve a prominent role in web development. Competitive applications must be available in any device and platform. Web services help us to keep logic and UI separated. Thus, the RESTful approach has gained popularity because of its simplicity and effectiveness. This book explains how to build RESTful web services using ASP.NET Core.
This book begins by introducing you to the basics of the philosophy behind REST; you’ll go through the steps of designing and implementing enterprise-grade RESTful web services. You will work with the latest ASP.NET Core release and understand the development patterns behind it. The book provides a deep understanding of the middleware approach of ASP.NET Core. The book later explains the various middleware provided by ASP.NET core and how to customize them.
Later, the book goes in depth on approaches such as resilience, security, and scalability concerns. You’ll also learn the advanced techniques for caching, monitoring, and logging, and also how to implement unit and integration test strategies. In the end, you will deploy the REST services on Azure, document APIs using swagger and using external tools such as Postman.
By the end of the book, you will be able to design and develop RESTful web services using ASP.NET Core with a focus on testability and maintainability of the code.
What you will learn
- Acquire a deep working knowledge of ASP.NET Core
- Integrate third-party tools and frameworks to build maintainable and performant services
- Implement patterns and good practices using dependency injection
- Test an ASP.NET Core application using out-of-box tools of ASP.NET Core
- Use docker to run your ASP.NET Core web service in an isolated and self-contained environment
- Secure your information using HTTPS and token-based authentication
- Integrate multiple web service using techniques such as resilient-clients and messaging