English | 2019 | ISBN: 1492051367 | 500 Pages | EPUB (Early Release) | 10 MB
Easy to understand and fun to read, Introducing Python is ideal for beginning programmers as well as those new to the language. In this updated edition, Bill Lubanovic takes you from the basics to more involved and varied topics, mixing tutorials with cookbook-style code recipes to explain concepts in Python 3. End-of-chapter exercises help you practice what you’ve learned.
Packed with new code examples and exercises, this edition helps you gain a strong foundation in Python, including best practices for testing, debugging, code reuse, and other development tips. This book also shows you how to use the language for applications in business, science, and the arts, using various Python tools and open source packages. And you’ll learn about jobs that require Python skills.
- Learn simple data types, along with basic math and text operations
- Use data-wrangling techniques with Python’s built-in data structures
- Explore Python code structure, including the use of functions
- Write large programs in Python using modules and packages
- Dive into objects, classes, and other object-oriented features
- Examine storage from flat files to relational databases and NoSQL
- Use Python to build web clients, servers, APIs, and services
- Manage system tasks such as programs, processes, and threads
- Understand the basics of concurrency and network programming
- Explore the cloud, serverless, machine learning, and blockchain