English | 2019 | ISBN: 1838989736 | 228 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Understand the Kubernetes ecosystem and learn techniques to run fault-tolerant, scalable applications
Kubernetes is the leading orchestrator of cloud-native apps. With knowledge of how to work with Kubernetes, you can easily deploy and manage applications on the cloud or in your on-premises data center.
The book begins by introducing you to Kubernetes and showing you how to install it. You’ll learn how to use Kubernetes Services and bring stable and reliable networking to apps that are deployed on Kubernetes. You’ll delve deep into the powerful storage subsystem of Kubernetes and learn how to leverage the variety of external storage backends in your applications. As the book progresses, it shows you how to use features such as DaemonSets, Helm, and RBAC to enhance your Kubernetes applications. You’ll explore the six categories of identifying vulnerabilities and look at a few ways to prevent and mitigate them. You’ll also look at ways to secure the software delivery pipeline by discussing some image-related best practices. The book ends by sharing with you some resources that’ll help take your Kubernetes knowledge to the next level.
By the end of the book, you’ll have the confidence and skills to leverage all the features of Kubernetes to develop scalable applications.
- Explore cluster-level and node-level isolation and runtime isolation options
- Use Kubernetes Deployments for self-healing, scaling, and updating apps
- Manage Kubernetes clusters with kubectl
- Write a Container Storage Interface (CSI) plugin to work across multiple orchestrators
- Use Kubernetes features such as Jons and CronJobs in your apps
- Identify vulnerabilities and learn measures to prevent and mitigate them