English | MP4 | AVC 1920×1080 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 10h 29m | 2.39 GB
Create your own 3D Graphics with OpenGL and C++
This course will introduce you to modern OpenGL programming. We’ll teach you a brief history of OpenGL to help you understand why we chose to teach modern OpenGL with its programmable rendering pipeline over the fixed function pipeline.
We’ll begin with the basics of getting OpenGL running in a window using the GLFW library. Then we move on to the basics of rendering polygons to the display by sending buffers of data to the computers graphics card and programming it using shaders with the GLSL shading language. Then you’ll learn how to map textures to your objects. You’ll also set up a virtual camera using keyboard and mouse inputs to enable you to move around in the scene.
After you have the fundamentals working, you can start building more complex things. You’ll learn how to load 3D models and add interesting lighting to the scene. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to set up and render in 3D with modern OpenGL. With each lesson, we’ll build the framework with reusable C++ and OpenGL code. This is a great starting place for you to build your own game engine.
We’ll start with a blank project and write code each step of the way. Each lesson builds on the last. Even if you’ve never touched OpenGL, you should find the course easy to follow and everything is explained along the way. All of the source code, pre-built third-party libraries, and Visual Studio solutions for each lesson are included.
The course has a perfect blend of theory and practical knowledge. It’s also example-heavy so that it’s easier to relate to. All of the source code, pre-built third-party libraries, and Visual Studio solutions for each lesson are included.
What You Will Learn
- Learn a practical level of programming with modern OpenGL
- You will learn how to set up an OpenGL window using GLFW and the OpenGL API
- You will learn how to write GLSL shaders that program your PCs video card for hardware accelerated graphics
- You will learn how to render simple textured rectangles to complex 3D models with realistic lighting
- You will learn different types of lighting to make the models look more realistic
- You will learn how to set up and control a virtual camera to move around and view objects in the 3D scene