English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788997423 | 272 Pages | EPUB | 135 MB
Learn to view, edit and analyse geospatial data using QGIS and Python 3
QGIS 3.4 is the first LTR (long term release) of QGIS version 3. This is a giant leap forward for the project with tons of new features and impactful changes. Learn QGIS is fully updated for QGIS 3.4, covering its processing engine update, Python 3 de-facto coding environment, and the GeoPackage format.
This book will help you get started on your QGIS journey, guiding you to develop your own processing pathway. You will explore the user interface, loading your data, editing, and then creating data. QGIS often surprises new users with its mapping capabilities; you will discover how easily you can style and create your first map. But that’s not all! In the final part of the book, you’ll learn about spatial analysis and the powerful tools in QGIS, and conclude by looking at Python processing options.
By the end of the book, you will have become proficient in geospatial analysis using QGIS and Python.
What you will learn
- Explore various ways to load data into QGIS
- Understand how to style data and present it in a map
- Create maps and explore ways to expand them
- Get acquainted with the new processing toolbox in QGIS 3.4
- Manipulate your geospatial data and gain quality insights
- Understand how to customize QGIS 3.4
- Work with QGIS 3.4 in 3D