English | 2017 | ISBN: 1788476638 | 516 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 77 MB
Build modern web apps with ASP.NET Core 2.0, MVC, and EF Core 2
Learn how web applications can be built efficiently using ASP.NET Core 2.0 and related frameworks
The ability to develop web applications that are highly efficient but also easy to maintain has become imperative to many businesses. ASP.NET Core 2.0 is an open source framework from Microsoft, which makes it easy to build cross-platform web applications that are modern and dynamic. This book will take you through all of the essential concepts in ASP.NET Core 2.0, so you can learn how to build powerful web applications.
The book starts with a brief introduction to the ASP.NET Core framework and the improvements made in the latest release, ASP.NET Core 2.0. You will then build, test, and debug your first web application very quickly. Once you understand the basic structure of ASP.NET Core 2.0 web applications, you’ll dive deeper into more complex concepts and scenarios.
Moving on, we’ll explain how to take advantage of widely used frameworks such as Model View Controller and Entity Framework Core 2 and you’ll learn how to secure your applications. Finally, we’ll show you how to deploy and monitor your applications using Azure, AWS, and Docker.
After reading the book, you’ll be able to develop efficient and robust web applications in ASP.NET Core 2.0 that have high levels of customer satisfaction and adoption.
What You Will Learn
- Set up your development environment using Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio Code
- Create a fully automated continuous delivery pipeline using Visual Studio Team Services
- Get to know the basic and advanced concepts of ASP.NET Core 2.0 with detailed examples
- Build an MVC web application and use Entity Framework Core 2 to access data
- Add Web APIs to your web applications using RPC, REST, and HATEOAS
- Authenticate and authorize users with built-in ASP.NET Core 2.0 features
- Use Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Docker to deploy and monitor your applications