English | 2020 | ISBN: 1789951257 | 164 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 500 MB
A comprehensive guide on all-in-one business management solution that helps to grow your business
Dynamics 365 Business Central is all-in-one business management solution which is easy to adapt helping you connect your business and make smarter decisions. This book aims to be a complete guide for developing solutions with Microsoft ERP (on-premise and on-cloud). It covers all aspects of developing extensions with Visual Studio Code and AL language, from preparing a sandbox environment to deploy a complete solution.
The book starts with an introduction of the Dynamics 365 Business Central platform and the new Modern Development Environment. Then we introduce the concept of “sandbox” and we’ll see how to create sandboxes for development (local or on cloud). In the central part of this book, we’ll develop a complete advanced solution for Dynamics 365 Business Central with AL and Visual Studio Code. Then we’ll see how to debug and deploy the extension and how to write automatic testing.
We will cover also advanced topics like integration (with Azure Functions, web services and APIs), DevOps and CI/CD techniques, Machine Learning and we’ll see how to use Dynamics 365 Business Central with Office 365 apps like Flow and PowerApps.
The book ends with an “architectural” topic by analyzing the best ways of moving existing solutions to the new development model based on extensions.
What you will learn
- Create a Sandbox environment with Dynamics 365 Business Central for development
- Handle source control management when developing solutions for Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Handle extension’s testing, debugging and deployment
- Create real-world business processes by using Dynamics 365 Business Central and different Azure services
- Integrate Dynamics 365 Business Central with external applications
- Applying DevOps and CI/CD to Dynamics 365 Business Central development projects
- Moving existing solutions to the new extension-based architecture