English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789802542 | 562 Pages | EPUB | 53 MB
Leverage the features of Azure SQL database and become an expert in data management
Despite being the cloud version of SQL Server, Azure SQL Database differs in key ways when it comes to management, maintenance, and administration. This book shows you how to administer Azure SQL database to fully benefit from its wide range of features and functionality.
Professional Azure SQL Database Administration begins by covering the architecture and explaining the difference between Azure SQL Database and the on-premise SQL Server to help you get comfortable with Azure SQL database. You’ll perform common tasks such as migrating, backing up, and restoring a SQL Server database to an Azure database. As you progress, you’ll study how you can save costs and manage and scale multiple SQL Databases using elastic pools. You’ll also implement a disaster recovery solution using standard and active geo-replication. Whether it is learning different techniques to monitor and tune an Azure SQL database or improving performance using in-memory technology, this book will enable you to make the most out of Azure SQL database features and functionality for data management solutions.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well versed with key aspects of an Azure SQL database instance, such as migration, backup restorations, performance optimization, high availability, and disaster recovery.
What you will learn
- Understand Azure SQL Database configuration and pricing options
- Provision a new SQL database or migrate an existing on-premise SQL Server database to Azure SQL Database
- Back up and restore Azure SQL Database
- Secure an Azure SQL database
- Scale an Azure SQL database
- Monitor and tune an Azure SQL database
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery with Azure SQL Database
- Automate common management tasks with PowerShell
- Develop a scalable cloud solution with Azure SQL Database
- Manage, maintain, and secure managed instances