English | 2019 | ISBN: n/a | 303 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, CODE | 116 MB
Kitura gives you the power to create production-ready RESTful APIs written in Swift.
Coupled with the power of Docker and Kubernetes, and KueryORM and KituraStencil to pull it all together, Kitura lets you take your Swift to the Server and beyond!
Master server-side Swift frameworks and deployments with ease!
Kitura gives you the power to create production-ready RESTful APIs written in Swift. Coupled with the power of Docker and Kubernetes, you can take your Swift to the Server and beyond!
Server Side Swift with Kitura will walk you through the development of EmojiJournal, a social network focused on your feelings. You’ll learn how REST works, how to document your API, how to set up an ORM and user authentication, and even how to create a web front-end as well as an iOS front-end! You’ll also learn about how to use powerful deployment tools to manage and run your API in any popular cloud that you choose!
Topics Covered in Server Side Swift with Kitura
- KueryORM: Learn how to map your Swift API to PostgreSQL, a very popular database.
- The OpenAPI Spec: Learn how to self-document your API, and to provide a tool for rapidly testing and iterating on it.
- Stencil: Use an open-source templating tool to create a web-app for your Swift app on the Server.
- Authentication: Protect your Swift API from unwanted requests and learn how to apply multiple different types of protection.
- Security: Demystify the world of TLS and learn how to secure communications to and from your server.
- Deployment: Localhost isn’t enough – push your server to production with Docker & Kubernetes.
…and much, much more!