English | 2017 | ISBN: 1484223307 | 322 Pages | True PDF | 14 MB
This book is perfect for those with no programming background, those with some programming experience but no object-oriented experience, or those that have a great idea for an app but haven’t programmed since school, and it is now updated for Swift 3.
Gary Bennett and Brad Lees are full-time professional iOS developers and have developed a broad spectrum of apps for Fortune 500 companies. The authors have taken their combined 12 years of writing apps, teaching online iOS courses, the experience from their first three iOS books, along with their online instruction and free online forum at XcelMe.com to create an excellent training book.
Many people have a difficult time believing they can learn to write iOS apps or just staying motivated through learning the process. This book, along with the free, live online training sessions, will help readers stay motivated and overcome obstacles while they learn to be great iOS developers.
What you’ll learn
- Using Swift Playgrounds to learn iOS development quickly
- What is Object Oriented Programming
- What are Swift classes, properties, and functions
- Proper user interface and user experience design
- Swift data types: integers, floats, strings, booleans
- How to use Swift data collections: arrays and dictionaries
- Boolean logic, comparing data, and flow control
- Writing iPhone and Watch apps from scratch
- Introduction to HealthKit
This book is for anyone who wants to learn to develop apps for the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, and Watch using the Swift programming language. No previous programming experience is necessary.