English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789808537 | 542 Pages | EPUB | 59 MB
Automate Windows server tasks with the powerful features of the PowerShell Language
Windows Server 2019 represents the latest version of Microsoft’s flagship server operating system. It also comes with PowerShell Version 5.1 and has a number of additional features that IT pros find useful.
The book helps the reader learn how to use PowerShell and manage core roles, features, and services of Windows Server 2019.
You will begin with creating a PowerShell Administrative Environment that has updated versions of PowerShell and the Windows Management Framework, updated versions of the .NET Framework, and third-party modules. Next, you will learn to use PowerShell to set up and configure Windows Server 2019 networking and also managing objects in the AD environment. You will also learn to set up a host to utilize containers and how to deploy containers. You will also be implementing different mechanisms for achieving desired state configuration along with getting well versed with Azure infrastructure and how to setup Virtual Machines, web sites, and shared files on Azure. Finally, you will be using some powerful tools you can use to diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Server 2019.
By the end of the book, you will learn a lot of trips and tricks to automate your windows environment with PowerShell
What you will learn
- Perform key admin tasks on Windows Server 2019
- Employing best practices for writing PowerShell scripts and configuring Windows Server 2019
- Use the .NET Framework to achieve administrative scripting
- Set up VMs, websites, and shared files on Azure
- Report system performance using built-in cmdlets and WMI to obtain single measurements
- Know the tools you can use to diagnose and resolve issues with Windows Server